One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Toasting to the New Year with Gingered Champagne Cocktails


I can't believe 2010 is drawing to an end. This has been such an amazing year and I thank all of you for contributing to making it a joy for me. I've loved sharing reviews with you and thank you so much for your support of Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food which made Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations possible. I've got some amazing plans in store for next year that I hope you all will love. But for now, it's time to toast to the New Year!

The Gingered Champagne Cocktail from Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations (New Year's Eve Chapter) is how I have rung in the new year two years in a row. I'm an unashamed lover of vodka and there's nothing better than mixing a New Year's tradition with a Saturday night favorite.  Happy New Year to each and every one of you!!!!


Gingered Champagne Cocktail
Makes 8 cocktails

¼ cup candied ginger
One 8-ounce bottle ginger beer
½ cup vodka
One 750 ml bottle sweet sparkling wine or champagne

Divide candied ginger among eight Champagne glasses, Add 1 ounce ginger beer and 1 tablespoon vodka to each glass. Top off each glass with sparkling wine and serve.

Also Pictured Sweetheart Sangria from the Valentine's Day Chapter of Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations.

1 comment:

  1. I'm drinking one of these now - delicious! Thanks for sharing this and have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...