One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quick and Easy Hanukkah Menu

Happy Hanukkah! Working on the Hanukkah chapter of Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations was one of the most fun yet most challenging weeks in the kitchen mostly because of recipes like Challah, and the baked and fried version of Sufganiyot which both require time to rise which means I had way too much time on my hands to sit around anxiously waiting to see if the recipe was a success. As it turned out these recipes were some of the big favorites of my book testers and  by the time the book was wrapped and off to the printer nearly all the dishes in this Hanukkah chapter worked their way into staples in my home. Here's my Quick & Easy Hanukkah Menu:

Portobello Brisket
Roasted Vegetables
Potato Latkes
Sweet Potato and Parsnip Latkes
Cauliflower Latkes
Challah
Sufganiyot
Baked Sufganiyot
Applesauce Donut Holes


Portobello Brisket and Roasted Vegetables (Carrot, Parsnips, Turnip, Celery Root)


3 comments:

  1. I love how you created recipes for literally EVERY celebration--even celebrations and traditions that were new to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portobello Brisket! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made the portobello brisket several times and yum! It is just delicious. Thank you for the great books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...