One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cherrybrook Kitchen Original Pancake Mix & Pumpkin Pancake Recipe

Making homemade pancakes isn’t exactly rocket science but having a premade mix around that you only have to add soymilk and oil to turns easy into effortless. My new favorite pancake mix is Cherrybrook Kitchen’s. With just unbleached flour, evaporated cane juice, baking powder, vanilla and salt it’s a simple yet delicious mix.

I went a little overboard this past fall and bought at least ½ dozen cans of pumpkin puree. I’ve been staring these cans downs for months making pies, biscuits, pumpkin cakies, casseroles, soups, you name it I’ve been making it. So what’s the next logical step? Pumpkin Pancakes. Here’s my recipe for pumpkin pancakes using Cherrybrook Kitchen’s pancake mix:

1 cup oat or soymilk
½ cup pumpkin puree
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pancake mix

In a medium bowl combine all ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined and smooth.

Prepare a griddle or large skillet with canola oil to coat over medium heat. Spoon out batter onto griddle or skillet and cook until lightly brown, about 2 minutes then flip pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve with grade B maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...