One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Shake Your Booty! (Pirates Booty)


Let me tell you about a little piece of heaven called Pirates booty (with caramel). When it comes to these big corporate meetings I have to bring snacks just to be able to stay up past the opening sessions or sit through a boring discussion about things I could care less about. Usually my co-workers baulk at any and every snack I pull out of my bag, whether it be primal strips, tings or just plain old walnuts they look at me like I’m from another planet. Some of them still have a sense of adventure and are willing to at least try some of my vegan vittles.

When I offered my skeptical co-workers a bite of my pirate’s booty they couldn’t resist. Really, who can resist a snack food with “booty” in the name? They were all immediately hooked. Not only did they love it but they kept on coming back for more and telling other people about it. Who can resist the taste of puffed corn and rice crisp with caramel drizzled all over it? Who can really resist the taste of anything with caramel drizzled on it? No one I say!

Pirate’s booty doesn’t only come in caramel flavor. There are a range of vegan booty’s including: Fruity Booty, Simply Booty and Veggie Booty. This bootiful family of snacks comes from the genius’ at Robert’s American Gourmet who specialize in vegetarian snack foods. They even have a little online suggestion box where you can send them new ideas for yummy vegetarian/vegan snacks. But don’t just take my word for it. Go out and show a little love to the pirate’s booty and try a bag. You won’t be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the veggie booty! The last family I nannied for always had this for their little girl...and it was my goto snack...lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...