One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How to make a vegan…

I became a vegetarian for no good reason really. I just started eliminating meat slowly but surely (and by slowly I mean once every 6 or 7 years) and then one day I woke up and I was a vegetarian. I became a vegan, and have remained a vegan, for very purposeful reasons. I didn’t do it on my own (and I don’t know if I ever would have, but let my mother tell it she knew I would be a vegan all along). I had a great mentor, read some incredible books, tried some amazing recipes in equally amazing cookbooks, and had (and still have) an extremely supportive family, even if they do think I’m crazy sometimes.

My next 4 blogs will be homage’s to all the things that have made me into the happy and healthy vegan I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...