One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Cheezly Has Landed....

Yep. I did it, I shelled out the $7.49 (temporary price) plus shipping and handling and bought two packs of Cheezly Vegan Cheese Alternative in the Mature White Cheddar Flavor. In all I spent $20.93 for two Cheezly's (I really just like saying the name). I'm leaving the country next week for a couple weeks so I'm not going to crack them open and give them a try just yet but, as soon as I get back I'm lining up a complex Cheezly obstacle course full of panini's, casseroles and pizzas to give you guys the full scoop.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I was trying to figure out a good place to leave this, but I am curious as to whether you or anyone you know who is trying to be Vegan, and at the least Vegetarian who has a thyroid disorder? Soy is a thyroid inhibitor, so this leaves quite a few things out - hence the reason we still eat some dairy products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle,
    I'll have to leave this one up to the readers. I tried to do some research for you but the web, unfortunately, isn't very helpful on this issue (as you probably know). However, I will keep you in mind when searching out new products to post. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joelle! I found an answer for you. There's another great vegan blogger out there who has a soy allergy she has tons of recommendations on her blog. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

    http://vegetationramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...